Sunday, September 14, 2008

EIU Invitational--9/12/08


Well I would have to say that this was the worst race I've ever ran! I've never fallen off pace as badly as I did today! The goal was to start out with a 5:08 to 5:10 first mile, then settle into about a 5:12-5:15 pace from there! Well we got underway and sure enough went through the mile at 5:09...after that it didn't feel like we let up at all...next thing I know we go through mile 2...5:31...I was shocked! After that I expended all my energy trying to get back on pace in mile three...going though in 5:22! Then the rest of the race went down the tube....I went through mile 4 in about 5:29, and I was spent for the final mile finishing with a 5:50 and a total time of 27:31...My goal final time was supposed to be around 26:10! Not to great for my first 8k....but all of the older guys told me not to worry, it's a long season...and the more I think about it...they're right! This is only the beginning of my college career! I've got to except the fact that not all races are going to turn out the way I want them to....and from now on when they don't...I'm not gonna ask questions about what I did wrong, but rather I'm gonna ask myself what I'm gonna do about it to make it right!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Hey Jordan, don't worry about your time from that meet. Your teammates were right, it is a long season. I thought maybe the course was sloppy from all the rain we've had but you've got to be happy with the fact that you were in the top-seven on the team.

Good job and good luck!