Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mile Repeats--9/17/08


So before practice today I read Ch.40 v.30-31 from the book of Isaiah to try and get me pumped up cause my legs felt like they were shot...and well long story short it ended up being the best workout I've had yet...we did mile repeats on the hardest mile of our XC course! I had 5x1 mile with 5:00 rest in between each one, and my goal pace was 5:00-5:05! We got underway and my first one was a 5:02...perfect! The first rest ended and we started again...my second mile was 5:02...once again perfect! Then came the third mile...4:57...I was pumped, because it didn't feel hard at all! Then came mile four...5:00...once again it felt great as well! Finally came my fifth mile...by this point I was hurting, but I pushed through to stay with the upperclassmen...with about a quarter mile left one of them said, "last one, make it count," so I took off from the pack with everything I had left...4:49...I was stoked, I didn't even pay any attention to how tired I really was cause I was so fired up! It was an awesome night and hopefully a good sign of things to come next weekend!

Isaiah 40
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Nice job at SIU today. 26:38 is pretty solid this early. I saw you beat Block and were right on the heels of Neal Anderson from Glenwood.