Sunday, September 28, 2008

SIUC Salukis Invitational--9/27/08


So my last meet was the worst race I've ever had in my life...so to correct it I have worked extremely hard for the last two weeks, I put in about 160-175 miles, and I made it my goal to stick with the upperclassmen for every workout. Well yesterday we ran at the Salukis Invite at SIU Carbondale. Our team performed incredibly considering how hard we've trained the last two weeks. We finished second overall as a team at the meet and several people ran PR's. I myself was in shock after my race. I ran a PR for 8k by almost a minute running 26:38, finishing in 17th place overall, and I was the fourth finisher for our team and was right behind our two and three guys...I was stunned! All my hard work had paid off! Now my focus is on the Notre Dame Invite next Friday. It's said to be a flat and fast course, and this week we're training light so that we can be prepared for a great race!

No comments: