Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Monday Oct. 27

Well lets just say this was probably my worst day at Eastern by far this year! It all started with my biology class. We got our midterm exams back, which I had studied endlessly for for two and a half weeks. I barely slept I was studying so much. When I got my exam back, I thought my heart had stopped and my stomach had exploded; I had failed my exam. This meant that I was failing the class now cause I was just getting by with a D before the exam, because I had failed my first exam due to lack of studying. So I went and talked to the academic adviser for athletes and long story short, I am no longer taking biology this semester. But it didn't stop there! This was supposed to be the week I build up for the Conference Championships at SEMO Saturday. Well I get to practice and my workout was three miles easy straight into 20 minutes on the upper body bike in the training room. When I was finished I iced my hamstring and it was a little sore, but better than it's been. Then coach asked me to come to his office with him. When we sat down he asked me how I was feeling and I told him pretty good, a little sore but it's getting there! Then he told me he wanted me to sit out conference and train for the NCAA regional in three weeks, because he didn't want to take any risks with my hamstring. I was crushed....my main goal of the season had been to make the Conference team. But what my coach said next put a little light on my day. He said that without a doubt that I had earned a spot for Conference, but that he was just worried about me getting injured further, which showed me that he believes in me and he cares about me. So even though it was a horrible day at first, it ended a little better. It showed me that even in the wake of great disaster, God is there to cheer me up! Now I look to Stillwater, OK in three weeks, where I will run my heart out and hopefully come back with a great 10k PR!

Thank you Mom, Dad, and Chelsey for all your support yesterday when I really needed it! I love you all very much!

Run to Win, Run for Him!
Matthew 5:16
Isaiah 40:30&31

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Keep your head up Jordan.

It sounds like you had a heckuva day.

I hope you continue to see the silver-lining to every cloud instead of the cloud attached to every silver-lining.